Digital Realty and Console Connect Collaborate for Greater Interconnectivity
By Alex Hawkes|21 January, 2024
In today's hyper-connected world where data reigns supreme, businesses need agile, reliable, and cost-effective ways to seamlessly integrate their digital ecosystems.
Understanding this critical need, Console Connect and Digital Realty are taking our collaboration to the next level to bring new levels of connectivity and choice to enterprises, carriers, and service providers.
Building on our successful 2022 collaboration that saw Console Connect join Digital Realty's global data center platform, PlatformDIGITAL®, the two companies have now taken a significant step forward by connecting their global fabric networks via dedicated private connections, planned in multiple locations around the world.
This interconnection unlocks the following benefits:
- Flexibility to scale across a broader global network: With the vast network reach of Connect and PlatformDIGITAL®, businesses can expand their operations and customer base across borders across the two companies’ interconnected data centres across the globe. This opens up new opportunities for businesses to flexibly scale digital infrastructure and connect with partners, customers, and cloud providers worldwide, facilitating seamless data exchange and collaboration.
- Reduce latency and improve performance: The dedicated private connection significantly reduces the physical distance between Console Connect and PlatformDIGITAL®, leading to lightning-fast data transfer speeds and lower latency. This translates to faster application response times, smoother digital experiences for users, and a competitive edge for businesses.
- Simplify interconnection and reduce costs: Console Connect's on-demand, pay-as-you-go model eliminates the need for expensive dedicated circuits and complex configuration processes. Businesses can easily provision and adjust their interconnection needs on the fly, optimising costs and resource allocation. The on-demand nature of Console Connect and the flexibility of PlatformDIGITAL® allow businesses to tailor their interconnection needs precisely, ensuring optimal resource utilisation and cost efficiency.
Deepening Connections, Driving Digital Transformation
The bilateral interconnection between the two companies is already live in Singapore, with more locations across the Asia Pacific region and the world to follow.
But the partnership goes beyond just physical connectivity. Console Connect has also joined Service Directory, a digital marketplace that connects customers directly with a diverse range of service providers like Console Connect and a crucial element of ServiceFabric™, Digital Realty’s service orchestration platform that seamlessly interconnects workflow participants, applications, clouds and ecosystems on PlatformDIGITAL®.
Participation on Service Directory means Digital Realty customers can access and self-provision the following Console Connect services today:
- Point-to-point Layer 2: Click and privately connect to data centre, clouds, SaaS and enterprise locations using Console Connect’s high-performance network. Reach 950+ data centre locations worldwide and extend your network reach to a global cloud ecosystem, which includes AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud, IBM Cloud, Vultr, Wasabi, Stackpath and more.
- Layer 3 CloudRouter®: Build instant virtual networks between 120+ cloud and SaaS on-ramps worldwide to turbocharge hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
- Internet On-Demand:Real-time access to a business-grade internet service delivered via a Tier 1 IP network.
- Internet Exchange-as-a-Service: Reach 20+ leading internet exchanges worldwide and purchase your end-to-end connectivity and remote peering via a single platform.
- Managed Security Services: Including Anti-DDoS and Managed Firewall.
- Marketplace: Explore and purchase services from across the Console Connect partner ecosystem including Bare Metal, Storage, Compute and more.
“The deepened partnership between Digital Realty and Console Connect comes at a pivotal moment as the world’s digital journey continues to accelerate with new technology breakthroughs. Seamless connectivity and robust digital infrastructure are critical enablers of the global digital economy. By providing unparalleled connectivity, streamlined collaboration, and a thriving ecosystem of innovation, this partnership empowers businesses to navigate the digital landscape with confidence, accelerate their growth, and redefine their digital future,” says Govind Choudhary, Head of Service Providers and Market Strategy, Asia Pacific, Digital Realty.
“We are excited to extend our collaboration with Digital Realty by bringing together the automation capabilities of PlatformDigital and Console Connect. The availability of Console Connect on the ServiceFabric™ Service Directory provides Digital Realty customers with on-demand access to our full global ecosystem, while enabling Console Connect users to seamlessly interconnect to more Digital Realty locations worldwide. We share Digital Realty’s vision of building a more open and interconnected digital ecosystem,” says Michael Glynn, SVP of Digital Automated Innovation, Console Connect.
Other benefits of Service Directory include:
- Enhanced discoverability: With a dedicated listing on Service Directory, Console Connect gains instant visibility to a global audience of potential customers within Digital Realty's vast network. This opens doors to new business opportunities and expands Console Connect's reach beyond its traditional territories.
- Streamlined collaboration: Customers looking for interconnection solutions can easily find and connect with Console Connect directly through Service Directory. This simplifies the discovery and procurement process, saving time and resources for businesses.
- Dynamic ecosystem: Service Directory fosters a vibrant ecosystem of interconnectedness, where businesses can discover, collaborate, and innovate with a plethora of service providers within the PlatformDIGITAL® network. This collaborative environment fuels digital transformation and unlocks new possibilities for growth.
- Ease of ordering: Service Directory provides a customer with the means to establish virtual network connectivity to destinations of their choice by creating service combinations from a single user interface.